Here are resources for Dr. Kathleen King's seminar for Spring 2011
- Burke, J. (2000). To Keep or Not Keep Performance Funding
Be sure to log in from off campus first if you want to access this article by J. Burke and Modarresi.
- Chabator, J. (1995). Managing Participative Budgeting in Higher Education
Chabator, J, author, 1995, vol. 27(5), 21-30.
- The Economist (2010, Sept. 9). For Profit Higher Education: Schools of Hard Knocks
Facing government regulations, America's for-profit colleges are reforming themselves.
- Educause (2006). So What Does IT Cost?
Milonas, Smyster, and Grochow look at the cost of IT projects at MIT and Stanford (EDUCAUSE Quarterly2006)
- Harkin, T. (2010, Aug) Beware of for-profit higher education
Tom Harkin discusses whether students and taxpayers are getting good value for the billions of dollars they are pumping into these schools given the amount of debt students are incurring and some bad practices related to the business model for these institutions.
- IES--National Center for Education Statistics (2006-07). Distance Education at Degree Granting Postsecondary Institutions (PDF)
Includes data from institutions about distance education courses and programs that were formally designated as online, hybrid/blended online, and other distance education courses and programs.
- L.A.O. (n.d.) A Primer on Higher Education Funding (California) PDF
This report offers an overview of California's Higher Education system, enrollment, student fees, financial aid and other budget considerations.
- Layzell. Linking Performance to Funding Outcomes at the State Level for Public Institutions of Higher Education: Past, Present, and Future
Layzell, Daneil T. Research in Higher Education v. 40, n. 2, pp. 233-46, April 1999.
- McNamee, M. (2006). A Whole New U
Several institutions discuss how educational technology is changing the classroom experience.
- NCHEMS--Measuring Up: National Report Card on Higher Education
Indicators of state progress on the extent to which young people are academically prepared for college.
- Requirements for Federal Funding Accountability and Transparency Act Implementation 2010
OMB is issuing interim final guidance to agencies to establish requirements for Federal financial assistance applicants, recipients, and subrecipients that are necessary for the implementation of the Federal Funding Accountability and Transparency Act of 2006, hereafter referred to as “the Transparency Act” or “the Act”.
- Student Access and Strategic Pricing
Donald Heller's report (May 2008) is about the affordability of and access to higher education in the country. The paper summarizes some of the recent trends in college costs and financial aid.
- Wagner, A. (2006). Measuring Up Internationally
Wagner's 2006 report from the National Center for Public Policy and Higher Education discusses developing skills and knowledge for the global knowledge economy.