Message from the Dean
Over the recent years, the Library has developed new innovative and astonishing research aides, built up specialized collections, enhanced our environment, and have made great strides in areas to help promote student success and sharpened our ability to meet the needs of our patrons. With partnerships from the USF Career Center, Tutoring & Writing Center, and the Office of Undergraduate Research, the library has transformed into a tremendous learning epicenter for research, partnership, collaborative teaching, and service to all of our patrons.
I hope you enjoy many of the physical improvement and changes we have made over the last year. We continually strive with improvements to bring the library to a state-of-the-art learning space.
Your continued feedback is always welcomed. Should you have comments or suggestions, please contact one of our staff, or email me directly at email@example.com.
William A. Garrison
Dean, University of South Florida Libraries
USF Libraries Vision, Mission, Values and Strategic Goals 2013-2018
Consistent with the standards set forth by the Association of Research Libraries (ARL), USF Libraries serves as the nexus for the teaching, learning, and research for the faculty and students at the University of South Florida.
The library is recognized for its active role in providing access to resources beyond its collections, introducing innovative services and utilizing technology to enable discovery, facilitate research, and encourage global citizenship. The library is a leader within the university promoting new methods of scholarly communications and acting as good stewards of the university’s creative output. The library’s space reflects and responds to collaborative initiatives that meet student success.
- · Student academic success
- · The importance of research faculty
- · Innovative and creative delivery of collections and services
- · Strategic partnerships and engagement
- · The benefits of global citizenship
Strategic Goal 1:
Expand information management services for scholarly communication and inter-disciplinary research, teaching and learning.
Strategic Goal 2:
Acquire and preserve collections of national distinction in targeted inter-disciplinary fields, reflecting institutional strategic directions.
Strategic Goal 3:
Expand library instructional services through the use of technology, continuous assessment and faculty collaboration.
Strategic Goal 4:
Continuously improve library operations, facilities, services, programs, and collections that position the library as an essential partner in research, teaching and learning.
The Library is a member of:
- American Library Association and Research Center (ALA)
- Association of Southeastern Research Libraries (ASERL)
- Council of Library & Information Resources (CLIR)
- Tampa Bay Library Consortium, Inc. (TBLC)
- Association of Caribbean University, Research and Institutional Libraries (ACURIL)
- Scholarly Publishing and Academic Resources Coalition (SPARC)
- New Media Consortium (NMC)
- Coalition for Networked Information (CNI)
- OCLC Research Library