Message from the Dean
Over the recent years, the Library has developed new innovative and astonishing research aides, built up specialized collections, enhanced our environment, and have made great strides in areas to help promote student success and sharpened our ability to meet the needs of our patrons. With partnerships from the USF Career Center, Tutoring & Writing Center, and the Office of Undergraduate Research, the library has transformed into a tremendous learning epicenter for research, partnership, collaborative teaching, and service to all of our patrons.
I hope you enjoy many of the physical improvement and changes we have made over the last year. We continually strive with improvements to bring the library to a state-of-the-art learning space.
Your continued feedback is always welcomed. Should you have comments or suggestions, please contact one of our staff, or email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
William A. Garrison
Dean, University of South Florida Libraries
USF Libraries Vision, Mission, Values and Strategic Goals 2013-2018
USF Libraries seek to develop an organizational profile consistent with membership in the Association of Research Libraries.
The USF Libraries provide resources, services and collections to advance the University of South Florida’s teaching, learning, and research mission.
The USF Libraries is dedicated to:
- Student academic success
- Innovative and creative delivery of collections and services
- Strategic partnerships and engagement
Strategic Goal 1:
Expand information management services for scholarly communication and inter-disciplinary research, teaching and learning.
Strategic Goal 2:
Acquire and preserve collections of national distinction in targeted inter-disciplinary fields, reflecting institutional strategic directions.
Strategic Goal 3:
Sustain and expand a library instruction program in collaboration with faculty which is continuously assessed for its effectiveness and impact on student academic success.
Strategic Goal 4:
Continuously improve library operations, facilities, services, programs, and collections to better meet the research, teaching and learning needs of faculty, staff, and students.
The Library is a member of:
- American Library Association and Research Center (ALA)
- Association of Southeastern Research Libraries (ASERL)
- Council of Library & Information Resources (CLIR)
- Tampa Bay Library Consortium, Inc. (TBLC)
- Association of Caribbean University, Research and Institutional Libraries (ACURIL)
- Scholarly Publishing and Academic Resources Coalition (SPARC)
- New Media Consortium (NMC)
- Coalition for Networked Information (CNI)
- OCLC Research Library
- Center for Research Libraries (CRL)