Contact Your Librarian
FMHI Research Library, MHC1727
What is disaster mental health?
Disaster mental health is a departure from traditional behavioral health practice. Outreach and crisis counseling activities are considered the core of disaster behavioral health activities, with mental health professionals working hand-in-hand with paraprofessionals, volunteers, community leaders and survivors in ways that may differ from their formal clinical training. Like the larger rubric of mental health services research, disaster mental health research address clinical and service systems research.
The following subject headings may be of use for finding books and other resources in the USF Libraries' catalogue. These headings also may be useful when searching select databases and e-resources.
- Crisis intervention (mental health services)
- Disasters -- Psychological aspects
- Disaster victims -- Mental health
- Disaster victims -- Mental health services -- United States
- Post traumatic stress disorder
- Psychic trauma
- Disaster relief