Welcome to the subject guide for Public Administration. This guide is your portal to research at the USF Library.
To locate books at the USF Library check the library catalog. You may also browse the library by subject area. The library follows the Library of Congress Classification system.
Public Administration falls under the Political Science "J" class, which has specific subclasses to help narrow your search:
- Subclass JF - Political institutions and public administration
- Subclass JJ - Political institutions and public administration (North America)
- Subclass JK - Political institutions and public administration (United States)
- Subclass JL - Political institutions and public administration (Canada, Latin America, etc.)
- Subclass JN - Political institutions and public administration (Europe)
- Subclass JQ - Political institutions and public administration (Asia, Africa, Australia, Pacific Area, etc.)
Finding articles based on a subject or topic is simplified by using our databases. Databases allow you to search many journals at once. Often databases are discipline based, only indexing journals relevant to certain academic fields. You can find databases relevant to Public Administration in the Article Databases tab of this guide.
If you already have a citation for an article, you can check our electronic holdings of the journal by going to the e-journal link on the library homepage. Enter in the title of the journal and the electronic holdings will be displayed. Check the catalog for print holdings. Key peer-reviewed journals related to public administration are listed in the "Public Administration Journals" tab of this guide.
In addition to journal articles, there are also a number of databases that allow you to locate news articles, legal resources, and government information these can also be found in this guide in the Newspaper Databases, Law & Legal Research and Government Documents pages.
If you have any questions about using library resources, please don't hesitate to Ask a Librarian!