What is RefWorks?
RefWorks is a web-based reference manager which allows the user to create and organize a personal database of citations to a variety of different kinds of materials.
Highlights of RefWorks include the ability to:
- Create & organize your own personal database of references
- Search your RefWorks database by author, journal title or keyword.
- Format bibliographies according to chosen style (MLA, APA, etc.) Many journal citation formats are also available.
- Share your RefWorks database with users inside and outside of USF via RefShare.
- Import citations from catalogs (including Worldcat), databases, websites etc into your RefWorks account
- Organize citations using an electronic foldering system to support multiple projects or research interests
RefWorks accounts are available for all USF students, faculty and staff. Accounts are web-based and are accessible from anywhere. Users can have multiple accounts and can share accounts with colleagues.
Turn off Pop up Blockers before you begin using RefWorks. (How do I do this?)
RefWorks accounts continue the entire time you are a student or faculty member at USF. Accounts are never swept at the end of the semester. Once you leave USF you can continue your RefWorks account by paying an annual fee of about $100.