What is RefWorks?
RefWorks is a web-based reference manager which allows the user to create and organize a personal database of citations to a variety of different kinds of materials.
Highlights of RefWorks include the ability to:
- Keep your RefWorks account during your entire time as a student or faculty member at USF
- Import citations from online catalogs, databases, websites etc. into your RefWorks account
- Organize the citations in a meaningful way for multiple research interests or class projects
- Search your RefWorks database for citations either by author or journal title
- Format bibliographies according to most major styles such as MLA, APA etc.
- Share your RefWorks content with users at other institutions.
RefWorks accounts are available for all USF students, faculty and staff. Accounts are web-based and are accessible from anywhere. Users can have multiple accounts and can share accounts with colleagues.
To create a RefWorks account click RefWorks from the USF Libraries page. RefWorks is located under Research Tools. The link is also available in the tab above for Create an Account. Follow the link to Sign up for an Individual Account. Enter the information required for a new user and click Register.
Login for RefWorks - USF Campus
Use the following link to log into your RefWorks account from the USF campus.
Login for Refworks - Off Campus
In order to access RefWorks from off campus you need to use the login below. The group code will be RWUSouthFlor
Printable RefWorks Guide
Write-N-Cite 4 is Now Available!
Write-N-Cite 4 (WNC4) is a RefWorks utility that allows users to add and properly format references from your RefWorks database into your paper while you write. It works with your word-processor to create citations instantly in your preferred citation style.
With WNC4, you can cite references in a manuscript with just a click and watch your paper format instantly including in-text citations, footnotes and your bibliography. The utility installs a RefWorks tab in the MS Word ribbon or you can access it from the References tab in Microsoft Word.
The new version of WNC4 runs on Word for Windows 2007 & 2010 as well as Word for Mac 2008 & 2011. You'll get the same features on either platform, and sharing documents between computers is as easy as opening a file.
Key improvements to WNC 4:
- The tool is built into Word and will no longer be displayed as a separate webpage.
- Auto formatting while you write; changing citation styles has never been easier.
- Auto-managed footnote and formatting styles; the software handles all footnotes and knows what's right for each style.
- Full support for Mac, Windows, or across platforms
- Seamless online/offline access to your references
- Professional citation and bibliography customization tools
Note: To use Write-N-Cite 4 you will need to download and install it onto your personal computer. WNC 4 is compatible with both PCs and Macintoshes