- Use your time wisely.There are 168 hours in a week. Use idle time to complete smaller tasks. This will free up time for the big things.
- Prioritize your assignments.Be prepared to invest an average of 2 solid hours for every 5% an assignment is worth.
- Start planning your time early in the semester.The earlier you start managing your time, the easier it is. Get into good habits early so you don’t fall behind.
- Create a semester plan.Write down your deadlines for the semester so that they don’t catch you by surprise.
- Plan out your week.Create a weekly schedule and use it every day.
- Give yourself enough time.Budget at least 1 hour of homework for every hour of class time.
- Develop an assignment tracker.Plan how you will complete your assignments by breaking big tasks down into manageable steps.
- Start early.Don’t get sucked into the procrastination trap. Give yourself enough time to complete your assignment properly.
- Plan some down time.Make sure to include time for fun or relaxing into your schedule every day.
Borrowed from Algonquin College (http://algonquincollege.libguides.com/studyskills/timeManagement).